Monday, December 26, 2011

Fa La La La La

I hope that you all are having a great holiday season! Ours is still in full swing. We've made our way through Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina and are still in full-on party food snacking mode. Pimento cheese truly is addictive. And don't get me started on the regional favorite of white bread - which if we're honest is like shooting sugar right into one's veins.

Now we're getting ready to hit the day-after-Christmas sales. Yes, it's true. I'm a wrapping paper hoarder. I've told the Mister that if I die before I can use it all, he is welcome to construct my coffin out of the stockpiled rolls of paper and bling it out with the four thousand slivers of tangled ribbons that I've kept. And if money is especially tight, he has the option to have me cremated and displayed in one of my "Yes, I have way too many but they are dirt cheap and I promise that I will give cookies to everyone as gifts next year, m'kay?" cookie tins.

Let's just hope that I die during a Christmas season or people are going to think that he's a real cheapskate!

Here's a little show-and-tell for you until I can get back and give you the scoop on all of the holiday spills, chills and thrills away from the ranch:


From the gift pile



The aftermath



Dad's corner



At Mom's House. Knew that Santa was watching me. Did not steal.

Still questioning decision.




Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

7 comments:

Laura said...

You an' I are matter and anti-matter Miz Kitsch. I'm always running out of gift wrap and using newspaper, contact paper, fabric remnants and even a beach towel, once, because I ran short. Not creatively either. As in last-minute, heck-I-thought-had-more panic.

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

i kept eyeing this vintage angel my grandmother has the whole time we were at her house. that deer might have tempted me to theft.
i have never tried pimento cheese. I always said "ew i don't like that" as a kid even though i never even thought about eating it. same with dressed eggs. maybe I'll be adventurous this year.

Sara In AZ said...

LOVE those snowman ornaments, they remind me of a certain poodle dog ornament I have! :D I think your Mom has about the most fabulous Christmas decorations of anyone on this planet!!! Great pics!!!

sarajean said...

OOOOoooo, I would have stolen the deer to be honest. And do you wrap all fancy like? I aspire to, but the best I can do is at least put the damn things in BOXES and not BAGS (blech). That's about as amazing as my wrapping skills get. :/ Merry Festivus!

SUZY8-TRACK said...

That deer would have been in my bag before Christmas dinner! So awesome!

RetroRuth said...

You have WAY more self control than me! I am always snitching things right from under my Mom's nose.

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Amber Von Felts said...

The deer is too cute! I have a similar one who is all glittered up. He doesn't have a saddle and rider though! I also like the pic of the little kid all crumpled and tired on the floor. Kid's really make Christmas special huh? There is nothing that matches the excitement of a kid opening presents on Christmas day!